The Mission of the Orrville Veterinary Clinic is to promote the highest quality of life for companion and farm animals through modern therapeutic, preventative, diagnostic and consultation services with compassion and professionalism. Our veterinarians and staff are eager to serve you with a pleasant, helpful, and professional attitude.
We would appreciate any comments or suggestions you may have regarding this website or our services.
Our current facility is located at 1665 N. Main Street in Orrville, Ohio. We are proud to be located adjacent to the Orrville Pet Spa and Resort. Our full service veterinary hospital offers the highest in standards of care. We feature three examination rooms, a spacious reception area, a large treatment area, a dedicated surgery suite, a radiology room and a fully stocked veterinary pharmacy. We are one of only three AAHA accredited veterinary clinics in the area and are proud to be the first to pursue accreditation. This level of accreditation ensures you that we provide the highest level of care to you and your pet.
We also feature an equine room, a bovine surgery area, and a fully stocked large animal pharmacy to focus on the need of our dairy, equine and farm clients.
Started by Dr. Jack Rogers and Dr. Shultzman in 1956, the Orrville Veterinary Clinic has been serving Wayne, Holmes, Medina, Stark, and Tuscawaras counties for many years. Previously located on Fike Avenue, the Orrville Veterinary Clinic is now located at 1665 North Main Street in Orrville, Ohio.
To the right is a picture of our veterinarians past and present. (Back Row Left to right: Melvin Wenger, Gabe Middleton, Greg Roadruck, Bill Yost and Jeff Fink. Front row, seated from left to right Judy Jackwood, Paul Masters, Jack Rogers and Marissa Hofstetter) (Not pictured Dr. Shultzman, Dr. Nestor, Dr. Lowrie, Dr. Matt Friend, Dr. Lydia Friend, and Dr. Bradley Dalton)
Dr. Paul Masters served our clinic as our main equine practitioner from 1973 until his retirement from clinical practice in 2008.
Dr. Greg Roadruck joined the practice in 1981 as a mixed animal practitioner. He now focuses mainly on our Akron Barberton Veterinary Clinic, where he enjoys relating to pets and their owners. He has a vast knowledge and passion for animal behavior.
Dr. Melvin Wenger joined the practice in 1982 and serves as one of our main dairy herd veterinarians. He also is passionate and skilled at small animal orthopedic medicine and surgery.
Dr. William (Bill) Yost was the next to join the practice in 1983. He is also a mixed animal veterinarian, with a focus on dairy herd management and nutrition. He is also very interested and passionate about small ruminant medicine.
From 1983 until 2002, we had several veterinarians join our practice and subsequently move on. These include Dr. Julie Nestor and Dr. Laurie Lowrie.
In 2002, Dr. Jeffrey Fink joined our practice. Originally from Cincinnati, Dr. Fink practiced as a mixed animal veterinarian with an interest in small animal surgery, equine health management, agriculutral production medicine, and equine reproduction. Due to several shoulder surgeries, Dr. Fink has transitioned to small animal surgery and medicine full-time, which has allowed him to expand his surgical capabilities to include some newer procedures.
In 2003, Dr. Judy Jackwood joined our practice after leaving Cleveland Road Animal Hospital. She excels at small animal medicine and surgery.
In 2008, Dr. Gabe Middleton was hired. He has taken a lead role in our horse department and has a variety of passions within veterinary medicine. He has expanded our dairy herd reproduction to include diagnostic ultrasonography and fetal sexing of dairy cattle. Dr. Middleton is very active in the veterinary community serving in many capacities within several veterinary organizations.
In 2010, we hired Dr. Marissa Hofstetter. She is from the Orville area and is one of the main veterinarians at the Seville Wadsworth Veterinary Clinic. She recently received her certification as a Fear-Free Certified Professional.
Dr. Bradley Dalton also joined our practice in May of 2017. He has an interest in dairy herd health, dairy reproduction, small animal medicine, and equine medicine.
Dr. Michele Awad-Morris joined us in June 2018. She is a mixed animal practitioner serving all multiple locations, as well as our large animal and equine clients.
Dr. Meghan Studds and Dr. Jackie Lee joined our practice after graduating from Ohio State in May of 2019.
Our large animal veterinarians travel to farms in the region extending from Massillon to Wooster and Medina to Millersburg.
In 2007, we purchased two additional veterinary clinics, which allowed us to expand our small animal services to the Seville, Wadsworth, Medina, Norton, Lodi, Akron, Barberton and surrounding areas. We are proud to be able to expand our capabilities to help people and their pets of these areas.
In 2018, we proudly incorporated Elm Ridge Animal Hospital into our network of clinics. It is at that point that Veterinary Wellness Partners was born. Elm Ridge Animal Hospital (ERAH) is located in Canal Fulton, on the edge of Jackson township and has been serving the area for many years. With in incorporation of ERAH, we added two additional veterinarians: Dr. Melanie Butera and Dr. Heather Kinney. We also gladly welcomed Dr. Paul Masters back into our family as the main veterinary surgeon at ERAH.